Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day 2

Oh my goodness, I had no idea it would be like this. Hopefully once we are in our new house, life will return to normal. Hopefully.

Let me begin again.

Oh my goodness, I am exhausted. I smell like bleach, hard work, and the flooring guy. We have recently come into a really good deal on a house here and not wanting to pass it up, took on some DIY renovations. It’s a rental , since we are unsure of how long we will be here. The landlord is great, but almost a little to out of the picture. She has sent “ you know, so and so” to do a job I personally feel after watching him work, he is unqualified for. So in addition to cleaning up after someone else’s eight year mess (this includes an entire room full of furniture and broken items) we are also replacing various items in the house.

Today I got to spend the morning with a four year old, a sixteen month old, and the flooring guy (age unknown), all trying to get something done in this house. I was busy cleaning walls, Isaac was busy working in a work book, Nick was carrying around a broom, and the flooring guy was putting in flooring. All the while there are wasps sneaking into the house just to buzz above my head and taunt me. Needless to say I did not accomplish what I had hoped to.

As I left the house for some much needed park time, I took a deep breath and reminded myself that this will all be worth it. Soon I will see my husband again, not just in passing on his way from work and to the house. Soon I will not be living with my mother in law. Soon, I will be in my own house again, enjoying my beautiful view with a good book that I, soon, will have time to read.  Soon, my blogs will be positive and hopefully cheerful and uplifting.Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!