Sunday, September 27, 2009

Book two in my life

I am so excited. I feel like my middle son, Isaac, when he gets to go with Daddy in Jimmy ( this is the pet name my husband has for his truck). I can feel the giggles inside wanting to pop out and my legs trying so hard to keep from jumping with joy.

What, you might be asking, would make my Chestershire grin appear?? I will tell you. I am now an official stay at home mommy!!!!! I realize some of you have had the great blessing to be doing this for a while. I have been a mommy for a while (almost 7 and 1/2 years to be exact) but I have been a working mommy. But the time has come for me to embark on the beauty that is staying home. The joy of getting up and NOT rushing to get everybody ready, lunches fixed, and out the door before the sun comes up. The wonderfulness of saying to my oldest, “yes, mommy will pick you up after school if you don’t want to stay while Daddy tutors”. The to do list that will finally get done. The crafts and decorating for the season I swear every year I will do, will be done. The laundry will get started (notice I am not making promises here, I didn’t completely lose it). The dinners to be cooked with joy because they are not done in haste.

Now don’t get me wrong. Some women (and I know many of them) are able to work and be the best mommies. They are my heroes. They are on my husbands wish list. But after 7 and 1/2 years of trying. I give up. With deep, bubbly joy, I give up. So close that book and begin a new one with me, because here we go!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you Emily! I too am in awe of working moms...I feel frazzled trying to keep it all together with no outside commitments on my plate, so I can't imagine how you did it. (And how WELL you did it :)) But staying home is so great - at least I think it is. There's so much more freedom and time to enjoy your family. Which I know you'll do very much :)

    (Plus, more time for blogging! Yay!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!