Sunday, January 17, 2010

Go back in time with me....

If I could go back in time and do this weekend all over again, I think I just might. It wasn't as if I spent the weekend on a spritual retreat (which I have been saying I would like) or lying in a spa surrounded by my closest friends, or even on a trip. No, I spent my weekend working on school work (I know, get used to it, you are liable to hear alot more about too), playing outside with my boys, cleaning, reading with my boys, and spening time with my husband. Here is a quick recap, I can just relive it vicarously here!!

Friday was date night. My mother in law is super sweet and takes all three kids (I know, a saint!) at the same time- ALL NIGHT about once every six weeks. Yes, we don't pick them up until the next morning. Fabulous. So anyway, we decided this date night would be spent in our own home watching movies and visiting. That is just what we did. We watched "Couples Retreat" and it was pretty funny. (side note, Bora Bora- the actual location for the movie has always been our dream vacation spot) Then we spent some time "catching up" and ended the night with ice cream and Dr.Pepper. Ahhh, so great. We felt a little like we were dating again with our bowls of ice cream and pop.

Saturday was any average Saturday in our small town. We watched "popcorn league" basketball (third thru fifth graders coached by high school players, playing each other) at our school. Then headed home, had some lunch, and off the two older boys went with skateboards, bikes, and Daddy in tow, to play. Nick went down for a nap and if you just did the math you know I was all alone!! There was my spirtual retreat. Sure, it was only about an hour long, but it was awesome!

Sunday brought church, and more time outside with the boys. We are having a very big warm up after our artic tundra weeks, another reason to love this weekend. We explored our yard while Dan cooked a huge ham (we called in reinforcements to help eat it!). The night ended with happy boys in bed and happy mom and dad watching a good show on tv. Yep, we like to watch tv at our house. No use in denying now.

Well, thanks for the trip back in time to allow me to relive my great weekend, I hope you enjoyed it too!!

8 comments:

  1. How sweet. I wish Craig and I were better about date nights....ah, maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful! I think could use a weekend like that too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like the perfect mix of fun and relaxation! Glad you had such a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have yet to gather up the courage to leave the girls overnight anywhere. It DOES sound like fun though...

    I'm glad you enjoyed your relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is why I miss having family around! Would love to have someone take the kids overnight. You lucky duck!

    Thought it was funny how you said "catching up". Is that what you kids are calling it nowadays? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "There was my spirtual retreat. Sure, it was only about an hour long, but it was awesome!"

    Isn't it funny how God provides us with those random moments?? Ha! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alyson, too funny!! That never crossed my mind, but now that you mention it... ;) (really just kidding, I think I would keel over in embarrassment before I could post that!!

    Katie, yes! He is totally amazing sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ditto on Alyson, That is what I miss MOST about living near family. Glad you had an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!