Friday, January 1, 2010

7 Quick Takes


It's Friday!! Check out more quick takes at conversiondiary.com

1. It's 2010 and the big topic is New Years Resolutions. I admit, I am not very good at keeping these but enjoy the fun of making them. So here is my 2010 New Years Resolution.

2. To devolop a healthier me. I know, this is by far the most unorginal resolution, but I realized a few things lately. Since I am now staying home and my kitchen is just a few feet away from me, I tend to go in there often and snack. This might be ok if I didn't eat full meals.  But I do both. And, to further add to my growing thighs and other parts of the body not meant to grow at my age, I am no longer chasing 12-20 preschoolers around all day and walking the halls and steps of a school. The lack of physical movement might just be the straw that broke this camels back. So I will add my name to the millions of people that say they will lose weight and become healthier in 2010. Just so you know, I will most likely fail at this along with the millions that make this resolution simply because it is so hard to keep. And it's winter here so outside is that much less appealing.

3. Speaking of ways to get healthier, we own a treadmill. The question that pops into my head is why not use it. I do use it.  I use it for air drying sweaters and such. The part you walk on makes a perfect flat area for laying dedicates. Uhmmmm, I better find a new place to dry our sweaters!!


4. As I mentioned in a previous post, here, I am going to re attend college. This makes me very nervous. It's a little out of my comfort zone and honestly, I remember how I might have treated a few "non traditional students" the first time I went to college and maybe have some negative karma waiting for me. The thought of following through with this has consumed my thoughts and prayer life for a while. I just can't seem to feel at ease about it. I feel excited, nervous, giddy, paranoid, and all the other first day of school emotions I remember from my childhood.

5. I suppose I do have maturity on my side and hopefully a bucket full of grace to ward off that negative karma. At any rate, I am doing it, so keep my in your prayers, please!!

6. My husband and oldest son have been on Christmas break for over a week now, and it's been great! I love having them both at the house with us. We have all slept in and been lazy bones this entire time. Also, I have gotten to spend some super quality time alone with him after the kids go to bed. With him not having to prepare for work or getting up early, our routine has definitly relaxed. Only a couple of more days of this bliss then back to normal. I can't say I am not ready for some "normal" , yet I will also miss them more than usual since I have seen them so much.

7. Well, this has been a very random quick takes!! Check out Conversion Diary for more (and possibly some that have a bit more flow to them!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!