Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thanksgiving countdown......8 days to go.

Well in keeping with the spirit of my last post I have decided to dedicate the next week to Thanksgiving. Each day I plan to write something about the holiday. I am going to start by listing a few things I am thankful for. I will spare you the usuals and try to go a little deeper, yet short as well. I wouldn't want to over share!!

I am thankful for the abundance of mentor moms I have access to. Their experience, not just knowledge has been an amazing tool for my mommy tool belt. What is even better, is that they have all come from different backgrounds and I have met them all at different times on my mommy journey. Most of the time not realizing the impact they are having on me.

Along that same line I am especially grateful for mommies close to my age with kids the same age as mine or the same gender. (It seems no matter how hard we try, our boys are simply born with certain challenges and our girls others, why fight it?? Someone just help me make it out alive!!) This is something I did not have until my second child was about two.

I am thankful for the ability to write freely. As a professional writer wanna be, I am so grateful to the generations before me that decided this be an important part of our country. Of course, I can not leave out all of those who continue the tradition of serving. My utmost respect for you and your understanding families I give to you.

I am thankful for God's grace. I haven't always known where I will find it or what it will look like, but it does always seem to be there. Thank you for letting me question you in my journey and your patience as I find you.

Lastly, I am thankful for nap time. Without it, I would not be able to sit and read all the wonderful blogs and find new ones and write and read and enjoy quiet!!! My sanity is blessed by you!

Feel free to do your own Ode to Thanksgiving Week with me!! Who knows what we will find!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!