Thursday, October 8, 2009

Hind sight is 20/20

Today I called our local newspaper in hopes that small towns do not need credentials  to be a once a month columnist writing nothing important. They do. Also, they do not pay (not a deal breaker, but certainly an embarrassing moment).

When I reached the publicist (she did have a secretary) she was kind and I really think she thought I just might be in my early college years. I am not.

She asked if I had ever written for a newspaper before. No, I replied.  She then asked if I had written anything. “I have not had anything published, uhmm, I was a bit to shy in high school and college. (awkward giggle)”( wait! Does blogging count??)

“Oh, that’s ok honey, listen, what you could do is send me a column about something or write a letter to the editor about what you think of your new town. Then we can see what you write and go from there.”

“ok, sounds great! Thanks,…..good bye”

Oh my gosh!!! Why was I so stinkin’ afraid of people when I was younger! Really, were they going to throw me down in the streets and yell at me unkind words! Or worse, it might have even been well liked! Oh the horror!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! You're wonderwoman! If you can get up the courage, maybe I can too :) Go for it Em!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!